The current Church was built in 1966, replacing the former church building that served the needs of our parish from 1856 to 1965. The current Church is one of the largest structures in Collinsville and serves as a constant symbol to the community of Collinsville’s Catholic heritage. It can seat approximately 700 people for Mass and other worship services.
Architecture and Design
The Church features carved wood statuary including the exquisite crucifix featured centrally behind the altar, statues of the Blessed Virgin Mary and St. Joseph at the side altars, and statues of St. Peter, St. Paul, Our Lady of Lourdes, and the Infant of Prague in the east vestibule.
Along the mid-part of the walls of the nave of the Church are bronze plaques of the Stations of the Cross.
The Church’s windows, designed by Milton Frenzel and Emil Frei Studio in St. Louis contain striking colors depicting many deeply theological symbols of our Journey of Faith.